Working at Waypoint
Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care is a University of Toronto teaching hospital and academic research centre located on the shores of Georgian Bay in the town of Penetanguishene, only 45 minutes from Barrie and 90 minutes from Toronto.
Join our team!
Come be a part of our team and be part of a new era - a new name, mission, 200 bed forensic mental health program, clinical services plan, vision for information technology, research and academics - and much more. Waypoint has two clinical divisions providing health care professionals with opportunities in all aspects of pyschiatric medicine.
Waypoint is a creative, energetic, fast-paced organization that embraces a set of core values - caring, respect, accountability and innovation. We offer:
- Location, location, location - attractive housing values
- Excellent opportunities for mid-career professionals
- Renowned accredited clinical programs with a culture of safety within the organization
- Extensive educational and training opportunities and supports
- Excellent benefits
- Excellent pension package
- Great quality of life - outdoor recreation, theatre, shopping, cultural events
- Gold standard Wellness Program
The Provincial Forensic Mental Health Program includes 160 inpatient beds and is an active treatment centre winning world recognition for its research and innovative programs. Waypoint’s Regional Program has 141 in-patient beds and a variety of outpatient services providing specialty mental health care to people from Simcoe County, Muskoka, parts of Parry Sound and Dufferin County.
A full array of support services provides rewarding careers in finance, human resources, communications, information technology, dietary, housekeeping, environmental services and health care administration.
Waypoint's research department recently ranked itself against university psychology departments within Canada. On a number of measures of research productivity and impact, Waypoint is ranked number one.