The Patient/Client and Family Council is a non-profit, incorporated organization comprised of seven to nine Board of Directors who are people with lived experience of mental illness and/or family members. Ensuring that clients as a whole have the best quality of life, both within the hospital setting and in the community is our number one objective. The Council strives to have a strong voice in the mental health system and advocates for such.
Our office is located in the Market Square of the Administration Building at Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care. We have a close relationship with Waypoint, sitting on various hospital committees and task forces in the development of Waypoint policies, systems & procedures that affect the patient’s day to day life. Our Peer Support Workers assist with the Annual Client Experience Survey, introducing and helping those needing assistance to complete the survey. We play an important role in the dissemination of results and holding service providers to account for needed changes.
705-549-3181 or 1-877-341-4729 ext.2180 or
The Patient/Client and Family Council will nurture hope and discovery
by supporting the recovery journey of people affected by mental health and addiction challenges.
A mental health community, guided by the experiences of its users,
where everyone is supported to cope, heal and thrive beyond mental illness.
We Believe in...
• Hope and recovery;
• The best quality of life possible, both in hospital and in the community;
• The importance of supportive relationships;
• Being treated with kindness, dignity and respect;
• Participation in our own treatment and recovery;
• Best care using the highest standards of service available;
• Encouraging open communication to promote understanding;
• A holistic approach to healing.